Business Strategy Development Workshop
Our Business Strategy Development Workshop will enable you to collaborate with colleagues and develop techniques in strategic thinking and business planning. You will apply your finest thinking while using a variety of methodologies to develop the skills to create measurable business plans which align with your corporate goals.
Ambiguity is unsettling. Faced with it, you are tempted to reach for fast, perhaps familiar and potentially wrong solutions, so, we will help you to recognise and manage the seven fatal thinking flaws, re-frame problems to get to root causes and challenge current beliefs and mindsets, including your own.
Successful Strategic Outcomes
We want managers to walk away from this business and strategy development event feeling enthused, committed to implementation, confident, willing to collaborate, and the feedback below from our last event confirms we did just that!
Why is Strategic Planning Important?
Business managers are often so preoccupied with immediate issues that they lose sight of their ultimate objectives. Reviewing strategic decisions regularly is essential to respond to changes in the environment, address threats and maximize opportunities.
Business and Strategy Development Plans:
- Serve as a framework for decisions or for securing support/ approval
- Provide a basis for more detailed planning
- Explain the business to others to provide direction, inform, motivate and involve
- Assist bench-marking and performance monitoring
- Stimulate change and become a building block for the next plan
Business Plans are Enablers for Others
Managers who develop business strategies allow the operational managers to align to related corporate objectives by turning those strategies into action plans to test emerging ideas, managing their implementation, and monitoring and evaluating results.
Technology helps in this process, but the key requirement is for the managers themselves to develop a strategic mindset, and a familiarity with best practice techniques in the field of strategic thinking and business planning.
Develop a Variety of Methods to Make Strategic Decisions
This business and strategy development programme enables those attending collaborate to develop an understanding the strategic business planning process and to equip them with tools, behaviours and techniques which will enable them to create strategic business plans. The approach taken in this training course is in line with the moral of Maslow’s remark.
Our approach to business and strategy development training is to avoid hammering strategy issues with only one approach so we will present you with a variety of ways of approaching strategic decisions.
Understanding a broad range of approaches is not an end in itself but a means for more effective strategizing.
Winning Business Strategies
- This event is specifically aimed at developing strategic thinking and planning techniques. It is aimed at leadership teams and delivered in house.
- We will customise the content up to 30% completely free of charge
- 90% of business strategies fail due to poor execution
- Consider how your management teams will benefit from this development programme.
Contact Joy at Spectrain to chat about how this course could be contextualized for your organisation.
To win at strategy execution, you and your leadership team need to be 100% committed. You will collaborate, debate, challenge, question, put forward alternative approaches, move around company assets. You will hold each other accountable, set shared objectives and focus more on moving the company forward than obsessing over departmental goals.
Bespoke Content Related to your Strategic Aims
The Business and Strategy Development Training Course is facilitated as an in-company program. The course requires a minimum of four delegates. The duration is two days which can be consecutive or scheduled to meet your needs. The programme can be facilitated on your premises or at a venue of your choice
Business Strategy Development Workshop Aim
- To assist the strategic management team in developing practical strategies for establishing, promoting and sustaining change in their organisation to enable them to achieve strategic targets
- Encourage a more pragmatic style of leadership and management that encourages and excites employees to work towards, rather than against, the desired organisational future
- Raise awareness of our natural tendency to seek quick fixes, settle for established patterns of thinking, overthink in an attempt to remove risk and generate security, our failure to test, to prototype and our ability to self-impose limitations when effort does not yield results.
Business Strategy Development Workshop Learning Objectives
By the end of the two day workshop, you will have acquired a “Strategic Business Planning Toolkit” that will enhance the way you develop and implement strategic plans. Specifically, you will have learnt how to:
- Recognise and overcome limited thinking traits that lead to flawed solutions
- Define and use vision, mission and objectives statements as key tools that build a framework for strategic business planning
- Use strategic business analysis tools to devise a strategic plan
- Recognise the Critical Success Factors which must be managed and the Key performance indicators that are essential for measurement
- Identify risks associated with the plans
- Structure and draw up a strategic business plan
- Develop operating plans for the implementation of a strategic plan
- Examine tools and techniques for successful implementation
- Constantly evaluate success of their business strategies
Business Strategy Workshop Content
Refocuses minds away from day to day tasks and towards strategic thinking, business strategy, and business planning. We will consider the practical aspects of strategy development as well as alerting you to some of the pitfalls that may occur. Topics covered include:
- Exploring and overcoming the limitations of 7 fatal flaws of thinking
- What is Business Strategy?
- Differences between strategic and operational management
- What’s changing?
- Team Activity Let’s begin by asking questions!
- The Levels impacted by Strategic Planning
- What is a KPI? 12 Steps for getting started with KPIs
- Aligning Business Goals
- Examining Your Strategies & KPI’s
- Three Components of Strategic Management The strategic position, strategic choice and implementation
- The M Model – Assessing Strengths (Money, Manpower, Markets, Management, Materials, Machinery and Make up The M Model Mapping Resources Activity
- Mapping Swim Lane Diagrams
Business Strategy Development Workshop Content
This unit of strategic learning provides you with a “Strategic Business Planning Toolkit” of techniques used by business planners worldwide. Best practice techniques will be explored and applied to case studies that have been tailored to your unique situation including:
- SWOT Analysis
- The McKinsey 7 S model
- PESTLE Analysis
- Swim Lane Diagrams
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Force Field Analysis
- Ishikawa / Fishbone Technique
- Scenario Analysis
- Using The Goals Grid
- Decision Calendars
- Risk Analysis
Business Strategy Development Workshop Content
Application ensures that you can turn your strategic thinking and plans into action plans which can be managed and evaluated. Topics include:
- Scenario Planning
- Constructing a Risk matrix
- Power and Influence who has it and what is the source of the power? Tapping into power sources to make things happen
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Creating and selling a compelling vision
- Identifying the competencies required to sustain your plan for the future
- Master planning session – putting together your strategic plan
Encouraging Collaboration – Tools for Creating Leadership Networks
There are clear organisational benefits from connecting leaders in knowledge sharing and in mutual support
Whether you want this Business and Strategy Development Training delivered as consecutive days or separate days over a period of time, we can support your leadership learning and encourage ongoing online collaboration.
Spectrain will source activities that are contextualized for your team and push this content to encourage engagement. Any content shared can be easily accessed and referenced on any device, allowing participants to catch up on learning material or to check in with the community wherever and whenever. Providing the opportunity for participants to reflect on content ahead of training days can lift the level of the discussion in physical workshops and even allow a discussion to continue online.
Ready to go? Time to implement those changes be sure that your leaders have an effective and consistent approach to implementing change with our Change Leadership Training Course