Change Leadership Workshop
This Change Leadership Workshop will focus upon developing the skills, strategies and knowledge to enable you to plan implement, manage and position change as an attractive opportunity. We will ensure that you are able to achieve the goal of change faster to fast forward change initiatives Rise to the change challenge and get individuals quickly moving in a new and positive direction
Change is inevitable
You may be proactive in your approach to change or perhaps you are reacting to an event that has been imposed upon you. The more complex the change, the greater the leadership challenge to coordinate a range of processes from strategy formulation, to defining what needs to change and who will be affected.
Effective change only happens when all of these considerations are balanced and optimized. During this workshop you will journey through the end to end process of change leadership.
Duration 2 Days:
Change Leadership Workshop
The Change Challenge
- Your relationship with change, recognising your automatic responses to potential threats
- Process Management: Defining, and Planning a change strategy for your department
- Navigation aids for volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous territory
- Preparing for reactions to change being well resourced to manage those moments
- The success journey -identifying the drivers of change defining your direction ensuring you have goal clarity
- Identifying indicators that changes are happening measurements of pre and post change initiatives
- Establishing a sense of urgency – selling the value of a future state to stakeholders and explaining why the present a dangerous place to remain.
- Evaluating your organisations readiness to minimise change effort failure
Identifying risk and minimising the impact of change
- Strategic planning – how the change will impact our clients, suppliers, employees?
- What the future looks like – Scenario Planning: Creating a change vision and identifying risk
- Ranking Risks: Rare to Certain, Negligible to Catastrophic
- Identifying critical and unresolved issues in your change strategy
- identifying short term gains – creating opportunities for immediate successes
- The Change Scorecard
- The change scorecard – measuring the effectiveness of communication, involvement and leadership
- Our Iceberg is melting Video – how the 8-step process for leading change can succeed in creating needed change in any sort of group.
- Creating your change scorecard
Empowering others to act
- Aligning the organisation’s culture with its strategy for success avoiding the square wheels approach
- The manager as a translator, crafting your change narrative for multiple audiences
- Being transparent about the unknowns in your change narrative
- Understand the impact of management style your ability to influence, selecting a style appropriate to employee independence levels
- Pull together a guiding team – identifying critical change management competencies and identifying/assessing potential change champions
The Change Leadership Challenge – People Centered Change Methods
- Engaging communications – Communicate for understanding and buy in – Creating an appealing picture. Selling value, benefits and feasibility
- Identify and control the factors which influence employees’ beliefs about what ‘success’ is, and create positive pathways
- Identify where people are on the change journey, managing early adopters, those who are on the fence and disrupters
- The emotional impact of change. Identifying what we underestimate
- Who moved my cheese? – Strategies for overcoming limiting beliefs
- The stakeholder planning tool – plan how you will communicate with each stakeholder involved in the change initiative
- Perceptual distortion -The Beautiful Machine case study
- Driving change through the positive use of power and influence in the organisation
- Communicating the critical success strategies – What do these strategies mean for what people do at the corporate level, at the business level and at the functional levels of the business
- Identify the gaps between current capability and future critical success factors
- Identifying task needs, group needs and individual needs
- Ensure that the targets agreed for departments and individuals; address the factors critical to success
- Change Mapping with The McKinsey 7S model
- Apply the principles of project management to people issues and policies, ensure accountability, achievable targets, timelines and monitoring of delivery
- Support mechanisms for those tasked with implementation, ensuring their concerns and requirements are understood and addressed
- Establishing a no blame culture – Agile change management techniques to co create change
- The Plan, Do, Check Act cycle
A Terrific Testimonial
We worked with Joy to deliver a Change Management workshop for a number of our Level 5 Leading a Business Apprentices, Joy designed a comprehensive workshop with study guides. On the day, Joy demonstrated a high level of change management knowledge and expertise.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the work you pulled together for the change management workshop, I understand that you demonstrated excellent knowledge and expertise on the topic area and I thank you for sharing this with our learners.
Perhaps you have a specific change scenario, whether its implementing digital technologies, moving to a new location or introducing compliance procedures we will tailor this change leadership training course to address those needs.
These five TED talks help inspire new ways to get your team excited about transformation and rise to the change challenge..