Competency based approaches to performance management
The journey to competence with confidence
You have designed your competency framework but have concerns that managers are struggling with the application of the competency based approach during performance management discussions.
Often the objectives and benefits of a competency based approach to performance management are not fully understood and if managers and employees don’t know how to make the most of the approach, it will fail to meet its full potential.
This workshop addresses those issues, we ensure managers are confident to interpret and recognise competence, provide clarity of expectation, assess fairly and identify development opportunities.
During this competency based development workshop you will follow the story of a fictitious manager in your organisation.
Ted, the manager is a little overwhelmed with interpreting the performance described in the competency framework. He wants to be sure he is being fair and consistent during conversations with staff about performance and development.
He also wants to ensure that the people who are recruited have the potential to succeed and would like a little guidance on how to prepare for a recruitment interview using the competency framework to identify those competencies relevant to job success.
Applying competency based approaches to performance management. Outcomes.
- You will recognise the skills, knowledge, and behaviours (competencies) that support the aims of the business
- Identify evidence of consistent competence and it’s measurable contribution to day to day operations
- Identify and articulate competency based development needs
- Structure a competency based performance management discussion
- Create opportunities to enable the development of competency on the job
- Successfully identify the competencies required to recruit against specific role requirements
- You will be confident when applying competency based approaches to all aspects of performance management