Our Competency Based Development Courses are designed specifically to develop the capabilities, and skills that enable organisations to attract, secure, develop and retain,the people with the competencies required to sustain your capability to out-perform the competition over time.
A competency framework is a skills and behaviours road map. It enables translation of strategy into job-related skills and behaviours enabling clarity, transparency, and progression paths providing the direction required for individuals to grow and align with the business development needs.
If seamlessly integrated a competency framework provides a consistent and transparent approach to the management of people by aligning HR processes and performance management and development activities with the requirements of the business.
On these pages of our site you will find details of our Competency Based Development Courses. Below are links to additional competency based resources:
Resources if you want to develop a competency framework
Resources for you if you want to improve your approach to competency based recruitment
Resources for you if you want to assess leadership competence
Resources for your competency based learning and development activity
On Going Competency Development
If required we can encourage the ongoing development of competency through Apps which support the transfer of learning of development programmes. Collaboration enables learning from others, engagement, provides a supportive community for the application of learning.
We provide individuals in cohorts with a range of materials including; self assessment material, how to guides, just in time job aids, podcasts to support their development.
- Are You Confident in Your Business Competence?
Competency Based Development Training Courses
Managing performance is not difficult provided the performance required is clearly defined. Performance management starts with recognising competencies – the skills knowledge and behaviours that make performance effective.
So, whether you are involved in a nationalization project or simply need to ensure that you have identified the competencies that ensure the best possible performance of your people this powerful workshop will enable you to identify and interpret the competencies that are essential to ensuring effective contribution from all in your organisation
This competency based performance management training course will enable you to identify the competencies that are essential to ensuring effective contributions from the job roles in your organisation. Following this event participants will be confident to identify the competencies that an effective contribution to their organisations development.
Those who wish to establish a competency based approach to performance management. This training course can be delivered in house and utilise your existing competency framework. The aim of the in house event is to enable managers to be confident when applying a competency based approach.
Competency Based Development Course Content
The Benefits of an Integrated Competency Framework
- Competencies – a powerful enabler to business performance.
- What is business performance?
- How does climate influence performance?
- What influences climate?
- Implementing a process to improve performance
- Job roles and capability requirements
- How role statements contribute to effective performance management
- How to structure a competency framework
- Generic roles, contribution levels, and business areas
- How to focus on contribution and not task, role purpose and not activity
- Application of competency frameworks to aid recruitment and selection, employee development, and performance management
Measuring WHAT and HOW with equal importance
- Constructing a competency framework for your organisation
- Applications of competency frameworks to Performance, Potential &
- Methods of Assessing Competence
- What is capability? Knowledge, skills and behaviour?
- What is achievement? Recognising achievement and progression
- Assessing achievement and capability
- Application of achievement ratings
- On going competency development techniques
- Measuring Individual Contribution
How to manage performance with the measurement process in place
- What we can measure better, we can manage better
- Identifying contribution
- Presenting the data clearly
- Analyzing the data
- Establishing clear Goals and Objectives
- Self monitoring by employees and teams
- Take a look at the Competency Framework Development Resource in Spectrain’s Shop
Our Competency Based Development Training Courses are designed to focus on the application of the competency in context.