Developing Business Awareness
This Developing Business Awareness Training Course has been designed to enable new entrants and graduates to develop business awareness and act upon what the business values, it will provide you with the skills, behaviours techniques and tools that are essential for you to make successful contribution to business. The pace and complexity of change in the business world means that we all need to evaluate constantly how we interact and impact in the business environment.
Every business situation is unique. Competitors, suppliers and customers are constantly making decisions and acting to maximize their efficiency and effectiveness and align to changing environments. Your success depends on your ability to be “Business Aware” respond to the changes and add value.
Developing Business Awareness
- Better understand your organisation and the business environment in which it operates
- Interpret and demonstrate what the organisations values
- Recognise your professional role as part of the team and develop strategies for enhancing your service provision
- Create meaningful relationships with your colleagues at all levels and from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Develop strategies for planning and organising work
- Deliver Quality Communications. Recognise the importance of timing when communicating messages and time those messages for maximum effect
- Adopt a systematic approach to problem solving and decision making
Discover the different aspects of business organisations and their economic, political and social contexts.
- Explore how the organisation of the production of goods and services can add value to a business.
- Business in the Community and its Environment
- External Factors affecting Business
- Types of Business Organizations: Ownership and Operation
- Business Objectives and Your Contribution
- Working effectively with cultural differences
- The Value of diversity – Appreciating, and understanding cultural differences
- Your Culture – What makes you proud?
- Analysing and evaluating situations from a variety of cultural perspectives
- Analysing non verbal behaviour – Appreciate the meaning of gestures, posture, voice and context.
- Formal and non formal behaviours and preferences
The quality of the communication dictates the response you get! This session aims to help you to recognise the elements of effective communication and develop the skills to deliver clear, concise and powerful messages.
- Identifying the core purpose and content of communications
- Recognising the barriers to effective communications
- Appealing to a range of senses & emotions when communicating
- Developing effective questioning techniques
- There is more to listening than you might have heard! Active listening
- Word Power – How to use different styles and patterns of language to influence others
- Structuring your message and clarifying expectations
- Recognising the importance of timing when communicating messages
Identify the Key Results Areas for your job.
- What our organisation values – Demonstrating the values
- Identifying the space that you occupy in your organisations structure and your key result areas – purpose and performance
- Developing business awareness – Being aware of the business areas where your contribution counts
- The SAND Analysis (Strengths Achievements, Needs, Demands) How do these factors impact your service?
Getting Results is down to Detail
The magic behind every outstanding performance is always found in the smallest of details. During this module you will assess yourself against criteria for work effectiveness. We will also consider the importance of details in a team based activity where you will be responsible for managing cash and processing wages payments and that needs attention to detail!
- Deadline 30 minutes team activity
- Managing and minimising the impact of mistakes
- Work effectiveness indicator, assess yourself against 20 work effectiveness competencies
Powerful Problem Solving
An opportunity to learn how to make smarter decisions, and become a master of techniques and methodologies that enable competent problem solving.
- The Decision Making Model
- Apply the Six Step Approach
- A Toolkit of Problem Solving Techniques
Identifying what you should Stop? Start? Continue?
Personal planning – for project YOU