This influence and persuasion training course will provide the essential skills development opportunity to enable you to develop positive influencing and persuasion strategies
Influence – the process by which one person appropriately influences another to act – is becoming increasingly important in the new structures and global relationships emerging in organisations. Increasingly we need to use influence and persuasion successfully with people who do not work for us to do things that are central to the success of our own job: We work in project teams with people from several different departments, and often different organisations, are brought together to complete a specific goal. No longer does the power of your position in the hierarchy determine what gets done, it is the ability to build effective partnerships through your ability to use positive influence and persuasion that will determine your success.
Duration 2 days.
Who will Benefit
Those who need to work successfully with others via enhanced personal effectiveness resulting in greater business efficiency
This development programme will enable you to identify the strengths of your preferred influencing style and further develop a range of influencing competencies and strategies relevant to your role. During the training you will have the opportunity to identify your natural style using the MBTI. Based on the work of psychologist Carl Jung, it captures the fundamental differences between people – differences that may lie at the root of the misunderstandings and miscommunication we experience every day.
Influence and Persuasion Training Course Content
Differentiating manipulation from influence
- Use and abuse of Power and Influence
- Establishing and maintaining trust
- Creating trust-based relationships
- Maintaining ethics and integrity
- Developing rapport – Establishing immediate rapport
Exploring the Cialdini model – Practice – 6 Areas of Influence
- Commitment and consistency
- Social proof
Stakeholder analysis activity – recognising that not everyone will be on your side from the beginning and developing ways to work with allies, opponents, champions and adversaries
- Understanding what really motivates people – how values drive behaviour winning hearts and minds – logic and being right isn’t enough!
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategies – The Seven Elements – The McKinsey 7S
The MBTI Self Analysis
Success in organisations often depends on your ability to influence and work with people. The MBTI helps individuals develop by enhancing their clarity and comfort with their own work style while helping them see possible blind spots and areas of vulnerability. This helps them enhance their performance and discover new ways to improve relationships at work.
Once you understand how the MBTI works, you start to see similarities and differences with other people. This helps you to improve how you communicate and influence others
MBTI & Influence
- Effect of personality within influencing
- Review use of MBTI
- Your personality as an influencer
- Your target’s personality
- Influencing tips for different types
- What others might “hear”
Managing Conflict – Assess your conflict management Style
- Conflict Management Assessment
- Managing Personal Conflict
- Identifying the source of conflict
- Identifying your conflict management style
- When to use the styles to minimise conflict
- Managing difficult people – The classical behavioural types
- Explore a model for managing the behaviours
- Making yourself understood
- The power of words – Influential language patterns
You will find this Influencing Successfully product useful in developing influencing competencies
The Science of Persuasion – Essential Viewing[/fusion_builder_column]