Nurturing Talent Training CourseFor centuries managers within organisations have pursued management processes focused upon a fixation on fault and failing, in workplaces around the world each one of us has been encouraged to analyse and correct our weaknesses and while this approach is well intended, the approach does very little to reveal our talents and strengths. Many people believe that their greatest improvement will come from overcoming their weaknesses.
Research presented by Gallup found:
If your manager primarily ignores you your chances of being actively disengaged are 40%
If your manager focuses on your weaknesses your chances of being actively disengaged are 22%
If you manager focuses on your strengths your chances of being actively disengaged are only 1%
Developing your talents
The goal of this nurturing talent training course is to enable you to create an environment that achieves extraordinary results with ordinary people. This event will build upon the ABCD of strengths based leadership to guide you through a series of proven techniques to enable you to get the best out of all of your people, every day
Rise to the challenge and learn how to build an environment that helps make it possible for all to perform as if they were in the top 10 percent.
By the end of this training you will have:
- Developed your approach to identifying and tapping into strengths
- Practiced the A,B,C,D, of strengths based leadership
- Reviewed current employment practices and identify strategies to build an environment in which talent can flourish
- Identify existing competencies that make the biggest difference to the success of your team and concentrate your development efforts on them.
Additional Reading on Nurturing Talent
Nurturing Talent Training Course Content:
- Doing what you do best – At work, do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?
- The surprising answers to this question and the consequences
- Is your fixation on fault and failing?
- What is talent,
- When talent is difficult to source and retain?
- Identifying members of your team who are performing below their talent levels
- Nurturing Talent – The impact when your talents have been fully utilised and when you have been flying under the radar
Approaches to talent management
- A focus on succession planning
- A focus on the identification and development of high potential employees
- Buying and Investing in Talent – Enron and the war for talent
- Strategic Planning & Talent Needs
- Strengths based approaches to talent management
- The employee value proposition: Review of current employment practices – identify strategies to build an environment in which talent can flourish
- Rebuilding the recruitment strategy
- Accelerating the development of talent.
- Creating a range of developmental tools and processes to provide tailored approaches to meet the individual development needs of employees
Beware of Bias
- Beware the Self Fulfilling Prophecy and the Halo and Horns Effect
- Placing value and trust in what is familiar and comfortable
- The power of Pygmalion
- The Hidden Workforce the place of lost potential
- Finding Susan Boyle – who could emerge from your hidden workforce?
Signs of a Decline
- Why Talent is overlooked – Recognising Talent Inhibitors in the Environment
- Managing Signs of Declining Performance
- Skills, motivation and resource deficit audits
Collecting Competency Information – what talents do we need?
- Your competency based Repertory Grid – where can that talent be found amongst existing employees?
- Tacit knowledge is an asset to your competitors. Are you recognising it, utilising it, rewarding it? Do you know who has it? Are you leaking it?
- The limitations of Darwin and the traditional way of thinking about talent
- The role of genes and preset neural programs in learning
- The role of Myelin in developing skill circuits in repetitive roles
- The conscious competence model and managing complacency
Nurturing Talent – The Benefits of Coaching
- The Characteristics of Effective Coaches
- Creating the coaching relationship – Initiating Quality Conversations
- Focus on strengths planning the session
- Developing the skills to progress strengths based conversation
- Managing Resistance
- Tapping into talent – Next Steps . Action Plan
A Little Extra Reading: https://spectrain.co.uk/talent-development/