Conflict, it’s highly probable! We all bring different ideas, goals, values, beliefs and needs to teams. These differences are a primary strength.
However, the same differences inevitably lead to conflict,even if the level of conflict is low.
Since conflict is inevitable, one of the ways in which managers, team leaders, and facilitators can help team members improve their ability to function well in teams is to work with them to develop understanding of their relationship with conflict, and develop strategies to manage and resolve it.
This resource addresses the following questions:
- What is conflict?
- Why learn more about conflict and conflict management?
- How do people respond to conflict?
- What modes do people use to address conflict?
- What factors can affect our conflict modes?
- How might you select a conflict management style?
- How will you apply this information?