The Professional Training Coordinator
The training coordinator provides a range of essential services to enable efficiency and quality to aid the effectiveness of training and development.
Spectrain recognise the many hats that the professional training coordinator wears and that is why we designed The Professional Training Coordinator Programme
Training coordinators manage the expectations of learners, managers, and suppliers. They identify and interpret training needs, they coordinate venues, resources, certification, and provide statistics relating to evaluation.
Therefore it is essential that the training coordinator interacts with the training cycle effectively, from the needs analysis stage to the evaluation and transfer of learning stage.
Book onto our next event here:
The Professional Training Coordinator. A wonderful testimonial from the most recent course.
The Professional Training & Development Coordinator programme has given me some great ideas, tools and also confidence. Joy trains in a way which makes you apply yourself and relates everything to real scenarios which you would come across in the work place. She really does go above and beyond. I have already benefited from this course and returned to work inspired and armed with a folder full of tools,and templates and mind full of ideas to start implementing at work. I would highly recommend this course and Joy as a trainer.
Training Coordinators will:
- Identify the drivers for training and the internal and external business influences the process
- Recognise and evaluate criteria related to immediate job performance needs and future succession requirements
- Investigate the symptoms and sources/indicators of a training and development need
- Develop a range of Methods and Approaches to Analysing Training Needs
- Make recommendations when training is not the appropriate solution
- Establish the critical information requirements of a training record and state legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Recognise the benefits of clear objectives as an aid to learners and to selection criteria
- Identify Criteria – to enable the selection of a training provider and a training venue
- Agree terms and conditions with training providers, and venues
- Identify clear criteria for evaluating training courses
- Begin to develop critical internal consultancy skills
- Develop a comprehensive personal development plan
This event has been designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge requirements
of training coordinators to enable them to manage their current duties with enhanced
efficiency and to develop their competencies for future roles
The Professional Training Coordinator
Applying The Training Cycle
- Adding value at each stage of the training cycle from needs analysis to evaluation
- Identifying activities that enhance quality at each stage of the cycle
- Identifying Training Needs Exploring and applying a range of approaches
- Where do training needs occur
- Internal & external drivers for training & development
- Identifying the difference between a “Want” and a “Need”
- Identifying the purpose and principles of training and development needs analysis and translating the results into a specification
- Selecting and applying effective methods of collecting and gathering information from individuals and across the organisation
- The new job – Using job analysis to identify potential training needs
- Developing interviewing techniques to analyse the learning requirements and needs of individuals
- Using surveys and questionnaires to identify needs
- Learning Battle Cards Activity: Do we really need a course? Differentiate between a range of learning opportunities and match them appropriately to individuals training and development needs
Stakeholders in Training and Development
- Identifying stakeholders in learning and development
- What do they want from your department?
- What/how can they contribute to the activities?
- What help do you need from them?
- What help can you give them?
- How does the organisation benefit?
Training records: establishing a training records system
- Identifying essential information to be retained and recorded
- Regulatory and compliance information
- Data protection and confidentiality
- Records of training, what should they contain
- Pre course information requirements for learners
- Post course information requirements for learners
- What do trainers need to know about learners needs?
Clarity of Objectives in Learning and Development
- How clear objectives guide us
- The benefits of objectives for, learners, sponsors, learning designers and for training coordinators
- Objective Jigsaw Activity
- Selecting external training consultants
- Establishing essential criteria and competencies
- Checking credentials
- Establishing rates and negotiating with suppliers
- Supplier evaluation
Selecting Learners for a Course
- Avoiding the dangers of mixed ability classes
- Identifying selection criteria for courses
- Creating curiosity with joining instructions
- Mixed Media and Learning Styles
Reasons for unsuccessful training’s and how to avoid
- Lack of job relevance
- Poor morale
- Motivation is not built in to the design of the course
- Learners do not recognise success
- Learners do not know why they have been sent on the course
- Lack of stimulation from learning methods and media
- Learners have a low expectation for success
- Learners do not trust the instructor
- There is little incentive to apply the new skills after the course
Evaluating Training and Development
- Models of evaluation
- Evaluation forms…what do we need to know?
- Transfer of learning – how do we track it?
- Indicators that the learning is being applied
- The requirement for pre-post course reports
Consultancy Skills for Training Coordinators
- What value do you and your department add to the organisation?
- Identifying the scope of your service
- Preparing for and conducting customer meetings Developing a proposition jointly with a customer
- Establishing objectives Agreeing processes, resources, responsibilities and deliverables. Identifying criteria for success
- Managing expectations Reporting – what will be measured and how will results be communicated
- Avoiding the politics and remaining objective
Your Professional Development Needs
- Completing your personal development plan