Working in Teams – Accelerating Your Impact
Working in teams is not about simply bringing people together in the hope that they will function effectively as a team. Effective teamwork takes a little understanding of team members working styles and preferences and their strengths. When working in teams effectiveness may be undermined by a variety of problems such as lack of organisation, misunderstanding, poor communication, apathy and inadequate participation.
Working in Teams is aimed at developing learning about how teams work and the strengths of our unique team role. This helps us to understand how to contribute and accelerate our personal impac
Identify your dominant team role and the contribution your style makes to the team.
Describe, and recognise individual differences, tap into the styles of others and utilise those – strengths and limitations.
Ultimately you will make effective use of team resources and Improve communication between team members, maximising the use of the teams assets.
- Focused on key issues; and
These ingredients stimulate a high-level of motivation in participants in developing skills to improve their individual and team performance. These skills, with continued support, are transferred to the workplace. Your teams will enjoy participating in a variety of our business focused activities, and simulations combined with structured learning activities which are fun to do and involve real workplace issues
Working in Teams Course Content
The Characteristics of High Performance in Teams
- Identifying teamwork competencies
- Commitment to a shared goal
- Listening and responding to others in an objective and productive way
- Taking on different roles in the group in order to accomplish shared ends
- Being open and honest with their ideas, concerns and values
- Avoid carrying hidden agendas into team meetings.
- Recognising the value in individual differences.
- Building on strengths flexibility when working with constraints – identifying blind spots.
- Why a team won’t a group do?
- When is team working appropriate? Why do (only some) teams succeed?
- Your Team Role – Belbin Questionnaire
- Team Challenge Activity
The Journey of Team development
- The journey through forming, norming, storming & performing – Tuckman Model
- Leadership styles within the team development journey
- Our Team – A Character Diagnostic
- Task Content, Task Process and Team Climate
- Group think or individuality? Achieving consensus
- Types of decision making for teams & leaders
- Assigning roles and responsibilities
- Cross Team Working – Team Challenge Activity